We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In1 hour 50 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 735 37%
Fat 34g 49%
Saturates 11.2g 56%
Sugars 26.2g 29%
Salt 1.9g 32%
Protein 74.5g 149%
Carbs 33.3g 13%
Fibre 4.7g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 pear
- ½ an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g free-range chicken livers
- olive oil
- 1 handful of vac-packed chestnuts
- 1 sprig of fresh sage
- 1 large knob of butter
- 1 splash of brandy
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 1 x 1.6 kg whole free-range chicken
- 1 orange
- 6 rashers of higher-welfare unsmoked streaky bacon
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
By Jamie Oliver
- Peel, core and chop the pear, peel and finely chop the onion, then peel the garlic. Trim the chicken livers, removing any stringy bits.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add a splash of oil and gently fry the pear, onion, garlic, chestnuts and sage leaves for 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the butter, move the veg to one side, then add the livers. Season well and cook for a minute or so, then add the brandy and stir.
- Cook on high for no more than 4 minutes, so the livers are still blushing inside; you’ll see them plump up. Overcooked, they’re tough, and we want them silky smooth.
- Tip it all into a food processor and pulse till creamy, but with some texture. Stir in the cranberries, then spread out on a plate and pop in the fridge to cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat your oven to full whack.
- Gently push your fingers between the skin and chicken breast meat to create a pocket. Push the stuffing into it, pull back the skin and secure with a couple of cocktail sticks. Drizzle with oil and season well, rubbing it all over the meat.
- Slice the orange into 6 wedges, then fit as many into the chicken’s cavity as you can – leave enough room for air to circulate – then transfer it to a roasting tray.
- Place the bird in the oven, then turn down the heat to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes in total, or until cooked, basting the chicken and covering the breast with bacon halfway through.
- When done, transfer to a board to rest before carving. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and serve with lovely roast veggies.